Dr. Evangelista is a Fellow of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons and a Fellow of the American College of Lower Extremity Surgeons. He is also Board Certified and a Diplomate of the American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery and the American Board of Lower Extremity Surgery. He received his degree in Doctor of Podiatric Medicine from Temple University and completed his fellowship in complex reconstructive surgery and traumatology of the foot, ankle, and leg at Sarasota Orthopedic Associates in Sarasota, Florida. His two additional graduate degrees include a Masters of Public Health in Research Epidemiology from Loma Linda University and a Masters of Divinity from Fuller Theological Seminary
Most recently, Dr. Evangelista worked as a faculty foot and ankle surgeon at the Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine. Prior to his work in Erie, his experience included more than 10 years of caring for simple and complex foot and ankle problems with orthopedic groups in Western Pennsylvania and Southern California.
He is dedicated to providing exceptional care including comprehensive personal evaluation, non-surgical and (when necessary) surgical options to every patient.
Dr. Evangelista is fellowship-trained and experienced in complex reconstructive surgery of the foot, ankle, and leg. His personal approach, expertise, and experience are well-suited to treat both simple and very complex problems.
He is now accepting new patients for evaluation and treatment of:
- Adult and pediatric foot and ankle deformities (bunion, bunionette, hammertoes, flat feet, clubfoot)
- Foot and ankle trauma (all fractures, tendon ruptures, and sprains)
- Arthritis, gout, chronic tendonitis
- Cartilage transplantation
- Joint replacement (ankle joint, big toe joint)
- Plantar fasciitis (heel pain)
- Paralysis and muscle weakness problems
- Charcot foot reconstruction
- Revision surgery in cases of previously unsuccessful foot and ankle surgery
- Foot and ankle pain
- Sports and industrial injuries
- Gait abnormalities (toe walking, cerebral palsy, neuromuscular diseases)
- General podiatry - (ingrown toenails, warts, neuroma, etc.)